It’s been a while since we’ve done a project car here at ESM – the last one being the 2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage for our Becoming Bond article series.
Since then, we’ve been working on creating another Becoming Bond project car.
But this time, we created something worthy of Mr. Bond’s nemesis – an all black 2015 Mercedes-Benz S550.
We wanted to murder the car out but have it be very driveable, so we used upgrades and customization with the intent of the vehicle to be used as a daily driver.
The new S-class we procured for this project is a pretty amazing vehicle to begin with and it came fully loaded with everything from front massaging seats, to reclining rear seats, to the top-end Burmeister sound system.
Here’s a full list of upgrades on our project car:
- Reus custom stereo with an additional two amps and two 10-inch subwoofers to compliment the factory 8 in the upgraded Burmeister factory system
- All sound upgrades installed behind factory stereo and completely concealed
- Suspension lowering
- Custom exhaust
- New air filters
- Lightly smoked rear lenses
- Tint 20% all around, 50% windshield
- 22-inch semi-gloss black Lexani CSS 15 wheels in staggered fitment
- Custom painted semi-gloss black grill, emblems, window moldings, exhaust tips, reflectors, door handle trim and diffuser
We think you’ll agree – our labs have created a nemesis car worthy of a true anti-hero (who coincidentally likes to listen to impeccable music while getting a hot stone massage).
Special thanks to Brian Pecen from http://lexani.com for the CSS 15 wheels used on this project.
All photos by Patrick Lim Photography – patlimphotography.com.