As I was sitting at my barbershop yesterday waiting my turn, I picked up a motorcycle magazine and flipped through the pages to pass the time.
Stopped dead in my tracks when I saw this beautifully customized Triumph Thruxton R featured at The Handbuilt Motorcycle Show by Revival Cycles.
Super clean lines, a throwback fairing and an incredible eye for detail was fairly evident in the photo of the bike.
Curious about the build, I tried looking around for any other articles written on this bike, but the most I could find was this post on Triumph Motorcycle North America’s official Facebook page (where I got the photos) and this video on YouTube:
Here’s what we could gather based on our sparse sources of information:
- The owner and builder’s name is Architect Craig Kolstad
- He calls this project “Pearl”
- The bike was featured on The Handbuilt Motorcycle Show in Austin, Texas last April
- The leather work was done by Matthew Larson at Larson Upholstery in Seattle,Wa.
- The radiator was relocated
- Rage cycles fender eliminator
- Custom spoiler/fairing/body work
All-in-all, I think this bike build is beautiful and tastefully done.
Great work Craig and can’t wait to see how it all turns out when you’re finished!!
For more information on Craig Kolstad’s customized Triumph Thruxton R, you can follow his YouTube channel here.