Wanderlust is defined as a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world.
I’ve got it for sure.
Every time I spend more than a month at home I get the bug to get out of town – regardless if it is just a road trip or if we get on a plane to go somewhere internationally.
Having spent a lot of time on the road, you learn a few things. Especially about luggage.
Two characteristics define my search for any new pieces:
- Will it withstand at least 5 years of consistent travel via plane, boat, car or any other medium
- Will it still look cool as shit 5 years from now without making me look douchey
Even though a lot of good luggage companies make convenient rolling hand-carry luggage, I just can’t stand the way they look.
I personally love the duffle bag because you can bring that shit anywhere you can walk, while rolling luggage works best for airport travel.
I don’t like bright colored designs, but I do like designs with a little bit of panache.
And finally, I want something that will look fresh with whatever I happen to be wearing that day – from joggers and trainers to a bad-ass 3-piece suit.
My favorite duffle to date is the Soft GG Supreme Carry-On Duffle from Gucci and here’s why:
- It’s small enough to fit on commercial travel but big enough for a weekend trip to Vegas
- It’s subtle, but has a sick red and blue strap
- It’s Gucci
- I’m pretty sure it will last for longer than 5 years
Check, check and check.
Now it’s time to figure out how to make that $1,850.
For more information on Gucci’s complete line of men’s products, you can check out their official website at https://www.gucci.com.