It recently dawned on me that in today’s day and age – we’ve got a console for every stage of a man’s life… You start out with a Wii at age 7 and graduate to an Xbox when you hit 13 and stick to it until you’re 18… then you move out of the basement and get your own man-pad and the choice becomes obvious: the PS3.
Not to hate on any Xbox-fans out there but I just don’t see how it could possibly even come close to holding a candle to a PS3 in any category… hardware, style, features, and bang for the buck.
Short and sweet – 10 reasons to choose the PS3:
- Full HD output in all its glorious 1080progressiveness – no add-ons necessary.
- Free online play – no need to ask mom to spot you for your monthly Xbox Live subscription because you blew your last $10 on a crappy pizza last Saturday.
- It doubles up as a Blu-Ray player which supports 5.1 DTS
- 2 words: Media Server – you can plug a hard drive full of downloaded movies, music, photos and whatever else you put on a hard drive and go from House Party to “Movie Night” in seconds. Or even better – just stream that shit straight from your desktop.
- You can download everything from game add-ons to upcoming movie trailers in 1080p
- YouTube?? It’s got an internet browser built in.
- It just looks better.
- BlueTooth-connected rechargeable controllers – because having to scrounge for batteries is just weak.
- Gran Turismo. Nuff said.
- Full HD (in case I haven’t said it enough)