A few years ago a friend of ours purchased an old-school, beat up, right-hand drive Land Rover Defender with all the original parts.
Unfortunately, he couldn’t drive it around every day because of the strict emission laws in California.
But he loved it. And so did we.
It had the quintessential old-school British charm and it was easy to imagine his car driving around the safari and being the favorite form of transport for its owner.
So when the folks over at East Coast Defender sent us their latest build called “Project Tuki”, the first thing we thought of was our friend’s old Defender.
I’m pretty sure our friend would have loved Project Tuki much more than his old Defender because of the modern amenities and his ability to drive it on a daily basis.
Here’s the full details from the official press release:
Project Tuki is a fully-customized Defender 110 from East Coast Defender that was designed to celebrate its original heritage style.
With its notable heritage features such as Keswick Green exterior and Land Rover heritage style grille, this classic beauty boasts the ultimate in design and luxury.
Powered by a rebuilt Rover V-8 engine with 175 horsepower and a five-speed ZF automatic transmission, Tuki is the ultimate attention-grabber with its Panda Charcoal Leather Puma seats, Nardi deep Corn Wooden steering wheel, All American Nickle series gauges and sophisticated sound system.
Despite all of its additional refinement and polished looks, Project Tuki by E.C.D. will not be mistaken for anything else by anybody. E.C.D. took this Defender 110 and upgraded it from the chassis to the gauges without removing its classic appeal.
Here’s a full list of Project Tuki’s upgrades:
- Defender 110
- Rebuilt RV8
- Exterior Color – Keswick Green Darker Variant
- White Steel Wheels with BF Goodrich tires
- Heritage grill
- Full Checker Set in metal and KBX Wing top
- Safety Devices Roof Rack with ladder and rear work light
- Defender bumper in grey with rubber end caps
- Panda Charcoal leather on Puma front, middle and rear seats featuring horizontal lines for a clean finish. (3 middle and 4 inward facing puma jump seats)
- Black leather on dash door cards, and center console
- Nardi Deep Corn Wooden Steering Wheel
- All American Nickle Series Gauges
- Kenwood infotainment system with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, GPS, and backup camera
- Puma Dash, doors and ECD custom center console
For more information on East Coast Defender’s complete line of products and services, you can check out their official website at http://eastcoastdefender.com.