As always, I have come late in the game for the coolest thing ever: cruising.
I recently took my first cruise to the Mexican Riviera on the Sapphire Princess from Princess cruise lines. Much like any other thing you do for your first time, there is some nervous anticipation at first. You don’t know what to expect and you worry as to whether or not you’re going to like it.
But as they say, once that boat starts rockin’…
It is an AMAZING experience, for the following reasons:
- Everyone on a cruise is there to have a great time and make new friends
- The food is amazing, a part of your cruise price and available almost 24 hours a day
- All the best boats have many amenities such as casinos, nightclubs and restaurants
- Since you don’t get a great phone signal or internet connection, you’re forced not to work
- Time almost seems to stand still when you are on a cruise
- It is a great value for the price (think about it, you have a place to stay and food is included)
- You can check out a lot of places without having to move from one hotel to another
So if you haven’t had a chance to go on a cruise, GO. You’re going to thank me when you get back.
But before you go, you should heed the following advice:
- Lose 20 lbs. before the cruise because you are going to gain it all back.
- Keep track of all the booze you are drinking on the boat. It adds up really fast!
- Make friends with co-cruisers and staff members. They will take care of you.
- Tip. Most of the staff make very little compared to U.S. standards.
- Have as much fun as possible. If that 70 year old woman is doing the Macarena, so should you.
For more information about the Princess Cruise lines, you can visit their official site here.
For great deals on cruises, check out vacationstogo.com and look for Mitchell. He took care of us for this first cruise and I am sure he will take care of you.